LinkedIn is a key global professional networking site and is an invaluable tool for students to network with alumni and recruiters. Employers are also using LinkedIn as a recruitment tool.
LinkedIn is useful for:
- Developing a professional online profile to complement your CV
- Making contacts with people working in your chosen sector.
- Searching for organisations to target by your location of preference, or industry sector.
- Researching jobs and different types of job and career paths.
- Connecting with alumni around the globe for insight and guidance.
The UoM Career’s website offers some valuable advice on Getting Started on LinkedIn and provides also some useful Groups that you can join.
Of course, if you have not already, join the MA DTCE LinkedIn Group at